ODTÜ-GÜNAM has been founded in 2009 as part of METU as a research and application center and has become an independent legal entity as of the beginning of 2021 within the framework of Law No 6550 for Research Infrastructures.
ODTÜ-GÜNAM is Turkey’s only thematic research infrastructure in the field of solar energy. With the mission of becoming a global player in the solar energy field while leading Turkey’s development in solar energy technologies and industry, the research and innovation activities in ODTÜ-GÜNAM are focused on the fields of silicon photovoltaics, emerging photovoltaics, module, power electronics, grid, and concentrated solar energy technologies. Diverse technical facilities include the Clean Room, metallization, perovskite, organic photovoltaic, synthesis, CdTe, concentrated solar power, metal paste, nanooptics, and test and characterization laboratories as well as the GÜNAM Photovoltaic Pilot Production Line.
Gender Equality Plan is implemented at ODTÜ-GÜNAM.
About the Position
We have an opening for the position of “Business Development Manager” who will work with the Project Management Office of ODTÜ-GÜNAM.
As required by the legal framework of ODTÜ-GÜNAM, the hired person will work within the framework of the Labor Law No. 4857.
- Having at least a BSc degree from a reputable university, preferably from engineering or business administration disciplines
- At least 2 years of experience in business development and proposal preparation, preferably in energy sector, solar energy in particular
- Familiarity scientific and technological research and development activities
- Knowledge of energy industry and markets
- Experience in national/international R&D projects development processes
- Having an analytical mind for customer requirements and ability to match product/service portfolio in a high level system design
- Openness and curiosity for dynamic and future trends in technology, new business ideas and opportunities
- Proactive and self-disciplined for his/her responsibilities
- Having an organized approach for project and proposal management
- Strong interpersonal skills, being a master communicator who can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders; passionate to work with multiple departments (e.g. tech, finance, HR, customer experience)
- Willingness to accept change and the ability to manage it, continuous improvement mindset
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency in English and Turkish, verbally and written
- For male candidates, military service completed or postponed for at least 2 years
- No restriction to travel or ability to travel up to 20% – both domestic and international
As a member of ODTÜ-GÜNAM Project Development Office, you will be responsible for relevant duties of our project development processes,
- Benchmarking and identifying market needs and new development opportunities for ODTÜ-GÜNAM
- Establishing and maintaining effective business relationships with potential customers, funding support agencies, central and local government authorities, industry stakeholders
- Developing and executing innovative sales strategies to promote the growth of ODTÜ-GÜNAM
- Performing market research campaigns in order to keep the market intelligence up to date and identify the opportunities
- Creating a customer list to reveal potential opportunities, conducting active field visits
- Tracking and analyzing the national and international tenders in the scope of ODTÜ-GÜNAM
- Examining the specifications and coordinating the tender/proposal application dossier in accordance with the specifications; preparing in-proposal deliverables, including literature search, feasibility analysis, and requirement analysis reports
- Managing the proposal phase and coordinating the project application/tender documents for new projects
- Designing business solutions for the relevant project considering project scope, company abilities, and customers’ needs, reporting these solutions to relevant stakeholders, including our customers and company professionals, in an organized way
- Following the results of the proposed projects and carrying out the contractual processes of the projects
- Following up and supporting order execution together with operations, risk, finance accounting, and legal offices
- Leading to ensure the appropriate ODTÜ-GÜNAM targets and project benefits are identified, quantified, and their realization planned,
- Preparing formal reports for the funding and public agencies
- Proposing new business and project ideas, tracking new project opportunities
- Attending seminars, conferences for new projects, matchmaking, and customer meetings
- Organizing activities to enlarge the customer base
- Supporting public relations and social media activities in order to support the business potential of ODTÜ-GÜNAM