About the ODTÜ-GÜNAM
ODTÜ-GÜNAM has been founded in 2009 as part of METU as a research and application center and has become an independent legal entity as of the beginning of 2021 within the framework of Law No 6550 for Research Infrastructures.
ODTÜ-GÜNAM is Türkiye’s is the most comprehensive thematic research infrastructure in the field of solar energy conversion technologies. With the mission of becoming a global player in the solar energy field while leading the Türkiye’s development in solar energy technologies and industry, the research and innovation activities in ODTÜ-GÜNAM are focused on the fields of silicon photovoltaics, emerging photovoltaics, module, power electronics, grid and concentrated solar energy technologies. Diverse technical facilities include the Clean Room, metallization, perovskite, organic photovoltaic, synthesis, CdTE, concentrated solar power, metal paste, nano-optic and test and characterization laboratories as well as the GÜNAM Photovoltaic Pilot Production Line.
About the position
We have an opening for an “Process Engineer” who will work as part of this dynamic team that consists of experts in the field of photovoltaic manufacturing processes.
As required by the legal framework of ODTÜ-GÜNAM, the hired person will work within the framework of the Labor Law No. 4857.
- Having at least a BSc degree from Chemical, Materials, Mechanical, Energy Systems Engineering, Physics departments of reputable universities,
- Knowledge of thermal diffusion, plasma dynamics&chemistry and solar cell fabrication steps.
- At least 2 years of having experience in manufacturing processes, preferably in solar energy in particular,
- Familiarity with scientific and technological research and development activities,
- Openness and curiosity for dynamic and future trends in technology, new business ideas and opportunities,
- Ability to manage and coordinate the work,
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and self-disciplined for his/her responsibilities,
- Willingness to accept change and the ability to manage it, continuous improvement mindset,
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating,
- For male candidates, military service completed or postponed for at least 2 years,
- Proficiency in English and Turkish, verbally and written
- Operating phosphorus, boron diffusion and annealing furnaces in photovoltaic production line.
- Managing the necessary periodic maintenance of the furnaces.
- To contribute to the project activities carried out at ODTÜ-GÜNAM.
Note: Gender Equality Plan is being implemented at ODTÜ-GÜNAM.