ODTÜ-GÜNAM; Türkiye’s leading and most comprehensive national center for the development of solar energy technologies with the mission of being a global player in its field, was established in 2009 as an application and research center affiliated to Middle East Technical University. ODTÜ-GÜNAM became an independent legal entity in January 2021. Being Türkiye’s only thematic research infrastructure in the field of solar energy, ODTÜ-GÜNAM has Clean Room, Metallization, Perovskite, Organic Photovoltaic, Synthesis, CdTe, Concentrated Solar Energy, Metal Paste, Nano optics and Test and Characterization laboratories in addition to the GÜNAM Photovoltaic Pilot Production Line facility. Projects aiming at high technological readiness levels at ODTÜ-GÜNAM are carried out in the fields of silicon photovoltaic, emerging photovoltaic, module, power electronics, grid and concentrated solar energy technologies.
Gender Equality Plan is implemented at ODTÜ-GÜNAM.
Test & Characterization Division:
The Test and Characterization Unit, which serves the higher education, research and solar energy technology industries of our country, works with the vision of being the leading institution specialized in its field in Eastern Europe and the Middle East, and responding and supporting the needs of the developing solar energy industry all over the world with trust and service quality. ODTÜ-GÜNAM Test & Characterization unit has more than 30 specific analysis devices.
We are looking for a teammate to work as a Researcher in the Test and Characterization division. The responsible person will work as a scientific researcher and also assist in test and characterization service requests from solar energy industry.
Advanced research infrastructure and a competitive salary are offered. In addition, cooperation opportunities are offered with leading European research institutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for running tests and measuring characteristics on solar cells using electrical/optical/structural characterization methods.
- He/she would also be responsible for performing work related to these systems such as documentation, sustainability (repairs, periodic maintenance, improvement and calibration) of devices, learning, and system training.
- Some of the devices s/he will be using are; Solar Simulators, SEM, EDX, AFM, FTIR, Raman Spec., PL Imaging, PL Spec., PLQY, EL, I-V, C-V, Impedance Spec, Optical & Mechanical Profilometers, Spectroscopic Ellipsometery, Transmission and reflection Spec, Quantum Efficiency, etc.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- B.Sc. Degree in Physics/Physics Engineering/ Electrical Eng./Chemistry /Material Sci. Eng./
- Background in electrical/optical/structural characterization methods used in semiconductor physics, inorganic/organic chemistry, electric/electronics and material sciences is preferred.
- Advanced English (C1/2)
To apply: https://www.kariyer.net/is-ilani/odtu-gunam-arastirmaci-3393184